The programs assist families and adults who have emergency needs such as loss of shelter or care repairs necessary to keep employment. In addition, programs are available to assist the elderly including Homemaker/Home Health Services and Adult Protective Services. A Child Care program is also available to those citizens meeting income guidelines.
The mission of the Children's Protective Services Unit is to promote the protection and safety of children and their families. Services provided by the Children's Protective Services Unit include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigation of Child Abuse / Neglect Reports
- Family Support
- Voluntary In-Home Services
- In-Home Protective Supervision
- Placement of Children for out-of-home care
- Foster Family training, assessment and supervision
- Adoption Services for children and families
- Birth Parent Counseling
OHIO MEANS JOBS - WOOD COUNTY - EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
A wide variety of employment services are available at the office, such as resume writing and career counseling. Please view the website at OHIOMEANSJOBS-WOOD COUNTY.
Other partners co-located in the office include Veteran’s Services and ODJFS Re-employment Services.